-->

Wednesday 9 October 2013

Necrocannibalistic Vomitorium / SMG - Split 7"



SMG play super shady-sounding rehearsal room grind. At least, on this 7" they play that type of stuff. To be fair, the sound here is terrible. I dunno if the copy I have is warped or something but the guitar sounds absolutely hideous. It's hard to listen beyond that once you've noticed it, so I don't think I can fairly form an opinion on SMG from this 7" alone. I bought it because I want all the NxVx stuff anyway, so it's no big deal; SMG will get a further chance to impress me in the future (just what I need; more grind bands to impress me! Ha!).

 

Necrocannibalistic Vomitorium take a slightly different approach to usual on this split. Sure, it's still bass-driven grindcore fuckery but there seems to be a technicality to the songs that I have not noticed previously. The sound is still DIY as hell, but the bass-lines are a touch more engaging. The artwork is sexy as usual, and so is the transparent purple disc. You gotta love Horns & Hoofs Records; totally dedicated to the cause!

 

Can't find any links to stream this split, sorry all! To make up for it here is another sexy close up of that glorious trans-purple disc.

No comments:

Post a Comment