-->

Saturday 8 December 2012

diSEMBOWELMENT - Transcendence Into The Peripheral



Imagine how stupid I felt after shelling out for the super-ultra-mega-wicked-limited edition of this record that was ONLY available at day one of Roadburn 2012 when I found out there was actually less to it than the normal Relapse package and a few quid more expensive! Bitch please! In a European world where records cost an average of 20 Euros each I was not impressed. Never mind, I guess it is the same record regardless, not to mention it is just that; super-ultra-mega-wicked. Oh boy.

diSEMBOWELMENT were another one of those bands that I would always hear mentioned and I would never get around to checking out. Shame on me. When Roadburn 2012 announcements came around and I finally was forced to download this to get familiar with them, boy was my face red. Nowadays my tolerance for death metal is as thin and worn out as Sasha Grey's taint, and for that reason I will kick myself eternal that I did not discover this record in the peak of my death metal / grindcore days, where I surely would have appreciated it more!


But it is no matter, it is still slower than a Land Rover Defender stuck in 2nd gear, and I can get down with that. "Death metal? Slow, you say? Have you had too many knocks on the head?" I hear you ask. Why yes I have, but that's besides the point. I think this is the first death-doom record I own; that's not to say that it is pure death-doom, you get the odd blast beat and a whole bunch of weird stuff to keep it interesting. If you like your records long, drawn out and quite honestly painful, I would highly recommend this band.

Check out track two on this fucker, it has the most epic intro ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment