-->

Wednesday 4 February 2015

Splatter Whore - Kaviar Die Hards

If Pantera and Rompeprop had a baby it would sound like this. I shit you not. In what is possibly one of the most under-rated goregrind (gore ‘ n’ roll? Gore metal?) releases of all time, Splatter Whore burst onto the unsuspecting underground like a full colostomy bag hitting the pavement after being thrown from the roof of a multi-storey car park. It’s wet as fuck and extremely hard hitting. Lol. Metallic riffage and more traditional song structures meet the watery bowels of grind; the sloshing gore vocals, the disturbing samples and the repugnant subject matter. I think I’m getting a semi.

A gang-vocal chanted chorus of “Online Underage Gangbang” literally makes me howl with laughter every time I hear it. “Foul Stench From The Vents” is ridiculously catchy, as is “Rohypnol Power Hour” and “Golden Shower Glory Hole”. The opening track, “Triple X Malpractice” remains one of my favourite things ever in the history of time.

The fact that this was the release that birthed Rotten Roll Rex cements it’s coolness and absolute essentiality in the goregrind underworld. And the fact that the album art was supplied by a genuine Splatter Whore fan who relieved herself in her panties and took some pictures is… worrying…exciting? Nah, I’m not German enough to be into piss.

No comments:

Post a Comment