-->

Friday 15 March 2013

Total Fucking Destruction - Childhater (Flexi)



All these years I've been collecting records and I've never come across a flexi and all of a sudden I have three of them in a month. When it rains, it pours, eh? I don't really know of that much stuff on flexi that I want; there's a Swans "New Mind" promo flexi which I hope to end up owning and a live Enemy Soil flexi, but other than that, there isn't much else. It seems to me that the format is making a comeback these days. I was surfing and decided to check out how the great people at Pirates Press are doing these days, and their website now has a whole new section on flexi manufacturing. To be fair, the prices aren't too bad considering the quality of sound you can pack into these things. I think that if you could do two-sided flexis we'd have a new flurry of split EPs on flexi format. What do you think?


My first gripe with this flexi is that the hole is too tight (that's what she said) and the record stays still whilst the platter spins. I have to stick a pen in there and wiggle it about a bit to widen it, which wasn't a massive pain in the arse but these things are so delicate I was afraid I'd damage the fecking thing in the process. Fortunately, this worked a charm and I was able to spin TFD in all their scatterfucking glory. I really miss TFD. Not that they've got anywhere, I just don't listen to them enough. The songs here are the borderline-insanity grindcore that we all know and love, and whilst I don't think it really expands upon the TFD sound in any way I do honestly believe if something isn't broken then there is no need to fix it. I could listen to a hundred of these EPs. Massive thanks to the sadly finishing To Live a Lie Records for pressing this on red, limited to 500 copies.

No comments:

Post a Comment