-->

Wednesday 26 September 2012

Mixomatosis - Grind




































As with the other Mixomatosis 7" I have, I have come to the conclusion that they seem desperate to squeeze as little as they can onto a record and call it an EP. Saying that, this is by far my favourite Mixomatosis minute or two; obscene goregrind obviously digitally remixed (shifted drums) melds awkwardly with (probably copyrighted) full orchestra music, before falling away and returning with more flanger-drenched horribleness. This is more noisecore than I ever thought Mixomatosis could get, which is rather ironic considering this basic package is called Grind. 

Another thing I don't get: it's fucking one-sided. I hate blank one-sided records! What a fucking waste! If you are gonna go blank, fucking etch something on there! Otherwise split with another band for fuck sake. What a waste of money. We are even spared the luxury of a sleeve and tracklist, just brilliant red vinyl and a shitty little piece of card. Good tunes, but not worth my money, let alone the time, effort and investment in pressing this in the first place.

(as with the last Mixo post, the audio off this disc is not on Youtube, so please enjoy this other random Mixo tune as a substitute.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment