-->

Wednesday 13 August 2014

Malignant Tumour - Burninhell


I've had this album for years, and I can't remember where I got it from. Anyways, I got it and was expecting some nasty goregrind but instead was met with some metallic punk sound so I fucked it off and forgot that I had it. It wasn't until I saw Malignant Tumour live in Obscene Extreme Festival 2013 that I remembered I had this 12"; Gumpy said something about really enjoying them and wanting to get some albums and I just clicked that I already had one somewhere. Sure, Burninhell isn't as polished or as rock'n'roll as later, more accessable material by the band but it's still a pretty cool d-beat influenced metal record. To me it sounds like Motorhead, Discharge and Agathocles crossed over in a modern studio. I can get behind that!

Opener, "Clearance of Century" has a huge punk feel to it, whilst second track "Here We Are" brings the grind that I love so much. The ferocity here is totally non-stop; the vocals are super savage and really match the hybrid sound perfectly. "Commands from the Oval Throne" on side B is another favourite of mine. The whole thing closes out with "Oseriost som fan", which is crusty as absolute fucking fuck, before ending with some epic chanting shit. This has been out for some time now on CD and vinyl thanks to Insane Society Records. Czech it out in the link below!

No comments:

Post a Comment