-->

Friday 24 January 2014

Intestinal Disgorge - Sociopath


Jesus, where to begin? Ha ha! Sociopath is probably one of the most difficult albums to write about, simply because it's a 40 track long mess of hilarious grinding terror. Intestinal Disgorge might have a name that is typical of the grindcore genre but their sound is entirely unique. I promise you that you've never heard anything quite like this before. Intestinal Disgorge play some of the most hateful, blast-happy, mysogynistic grindcore that I have ever come across. They smash this approach head on with all the silliness in the universe. The results can only be absolutely catastrophic, and that my friends is a bloody good thing.


Each Intestinal Disgorge blast of grind is laced with a whole mental asylum worth of unusual vocal styles - most noticeably their trademark "bitch squeals", which cut through the music at any given time and without any apparent pattern or prior warning. One second you're ripping through some shit-hot awesome grindcore without a care in the world and the next there is this horrendous screaming cutting through that is equal parts worrying and hilarious. Couple that with endless death metal style growls, rabid pitchshifter lows, sung and shouted cleans and the odd King Diamond impression and you should have some idea of what Intestinal Disgorge sound like, that is if you can arrange all of that in your head with going insane.


Opening track "I'm Wearing Your Panties" is an absolute gem of a grind tune, as is "Stupid Fucking Whore Bitch", which channels so much fury and hate for women. I tried to post it on my girlfriend's Facebook wall but I couldn't find a YouTube link, to my endless disappointment. My favourite track on this album though is "Pedofile", which is alarmingly funny as fuck, considering it's subject matter. The "King Diamond" tracks (as I like to call them) that open, close and intermit the album are also great.


I've already got an Intestinal Disgorge split 7" in my collection but finally getting my hands on this Rotten Roll Rex released CD (thanks to Bones Brigade) has rekindled my worrying interest in this spectacularly funny grindcore project.

No comments:

Post a Comment