-->

Tuesday 25 December 2012

Agoraphobic Nosebleed - Merry Crystmeth


Welcome to part 2 of my Christmas Day double post! Not sure how many of you will actually be reading this on Christmas but I hope the festivities have progressed satisfactorily for you all. I for one will be no doubt smashed off my face by now on my parent's free beer. Can't beat the Christmas visit!

This year's Decibel Christmas flexi is a follow up to last years cracking ANb EP, A Joyful Noise. This year however, the full modern ANb crew are utilized, sadly pushing Mr. Randall into the background again. Luckily then, the song is as fucking heavy as a protein rich turkey shitlog you can't quite squeeze out on Boxing Day. It seems a long time since I've heard the beautiful screeching demon Katherine Katz, and her throat-shredding, tonsil-raping cries are a welcoming sound. A Joyful Noise grinded and blasted, but Merry Crystmeth chugs and clanks like a motherfucker. It's a lethally angry song, pushed forward by Rich Johnson's (and to a lesser extent Randall's) livid vocals.

Merry Crystmeth falls firmly back into the territory that a lot of old ANb fans dislike, but I for one (and I'm sure a lot of others, too) absolutely love this white piece of wax that has the consistency of cling film. Imported from Californ-i-a by the legendary Gumpytron 6000.

Merry Christmas, you fucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment