-->

Friday 28 September 2012

XXX Maniak / I Shit On Your Face - Split 7"


The more I write about XXX Maniak the more I wish they would come back and make some more music, as a one piece or two piece; I'm easy. Just make more grind. Please! There are some XXX Maniak greats here, "I Must Fuck Everything" is just too catchy for it's own good, as is "Slutty Vag, Tiny Tits" and "Unbridled Sex with Dead Animals". It's not their best sound ever though, it feels like there is an abundance of fluff built up under the needle but it is just the sound of these sessions. Their split with Embalming Theatre holds a similar feel. This was (I think) the last stuff recorded with Anthony on vocals, and it was released after his departure from the group. On the back of the sleeve he is credited only for "Stealing money and fucking dudes".

I Shit On Your Face are absolutely fucking amazing for a band with such a dodgy name. The sound here almost makes me want to go out and kill some hookers. That's a socially acceptable reaction to death metal and grindcore, right? Holy fuck this is heavy! The bass proudly takes over much of the aural space, and the rest is hogged in equal parts by the piggy vocals and blasting drums. The guitars are almost an afterthought, but they are still full audible. The samples are fucking hilarious. I absolutely love the ridiculousness of goregrind, there simply isn't another genre like it. Reading the back just makes me laugh so much. Check out this line, I think it sums up goregrind nicely; "These 5 fuckholes were cum-posed by Bowels & IxSxOxYxFx". Epic! The band's own label is even called The Hole. Zoom in and have a look at the logo. Naughty buggers. Limited to 500 copies on "shit brown".

PS - the video below credits this track to XXX Maniak although it is actually the first song off the IxSxOxYxFx side.

No comments:

Post a Comment