-->

Tuesday 14 August 2012

The County Medical Examiners - Olidous Operettas




This has to be one of my favourite records - just look at those colours! The way this album was packaged and marketed by Relapse was brilliant; alongside this excellently neausaeting vinyl package, the CD version came with extravagant packaging and a formeldihyde scented disc for ultra-mortician vibes. That's dedication!

 

For me, I find that I love The County Medical Examiners because they fill the void that Carcass left when they fucked off to make shit melodic death metal. In fact, I'd even go as far as to say they sound more like Carcass than Carcass ever have, and if you don't like Carcass, something tells me you won't like this.

 

The County Medical Examiners have come along way from their demos, and even their first LP. It really was a suprise for me that they would make such a well produced and heavy as fuck album. Anyone who has heard their earlier demos should sympathize with my opinion here. Olidous Operettas is fathoms above anything else this band has ever done. It is a shame that they haven't done anything since.

 

 

The joking-personas of band members indicates this is obviously a side project, and I hope that this isn't the end of the line for them. Although I gotta say, it'd be hard to top this record.
"Casper's Dictum" is one of my favourite grind/death metal songs, so please play it loud. Oh, and did I mention that they sound like Carcass? That's pretty important.

1 comment:

  1. These doctors are the most trusted ones when you decide to morbid yourself. ........
    So let the knife do the talking and divinely drain your life .....

    ReplyDelete