-->

Monday 26 September 2011

Agoraphobic Nosebleed - PCP Torpedo 6"


This here really needs no introduction, but I'm gonna stick with the layout of the blog and give it one anyway! This is the legendary PCP Torpedo by Agoraphobic Nosebleed, released in 1998 on Hydra Head Records. This is one of the "clear" black / red mixed coloured discs limited to 541 copies. Other pressings include 490 pressed on a red / orange mix and 1100 on plain black. The test pressings (limited to 5) were bizarrely pressed on 7", not 6". You can see photos of that over on Discogs.

I once read Agoraphobic Nosebleed described as a "snarling, digital nightmare", and when that may be true in many, many ways, that description lends itself to this release perfectly. I was introduced to PCP Torpedo through the (just as epic) CD reissue, that my 17-year-old self thought was a new Agoraphobic Nosebleed album. I rushed out to the nearest city and scooped up a copy at HMV, and when I found out it was six minutes long I nearly blew a fucking gasket.

But honestly, it doesn't need to be any longer (also with the reissue CD the remixes make up for it). It's a blistering fuck of a 45, and can be fully appreciated more in it's original form. When I began seriously collecting records this was one of the first I hunted down. I know I'm continually brown-nosing ANb on this blog but this must be heard, it's still vital grind in today's music world. Get to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment