-->

Monday 19 September 2011

Agoraphobic Nosebleed / Crom - Split 7"


This here is the crazy split between grind monsters Agoraphobic Nosebleed and the slightly ridiculous Crom. The fantastically named cult record label Regurgitated Semen Records is wholly responsible for this abomination of a record. This is one of the 500 copies released on black in 2009, along with 500 on red.

Strange fact: in 2010 RSR let loose another 100 copies on black which came with a bonus 5" that turned out to be "fake". This is indeed a bizarre move. However, if I remember from the Myspace days, this split release was meant to be a 5" originally, so perhaps those 100 fake 5"s were some weird kind of test pressings, to see how the label / item would look. Who knows??? (You can check out photos of the fake 5" here)

Agoraphobic Nosebleed blast through more totally classic tracks, this time with new, extra fucking vicious female vocalist Katherine Katz in tow. While I find it a terrible shame that Randall takes a back seat on this and several other ANb releases (his fucked up lyrics are still there, though!), I can't help but think that Kat injected a whole new level of freshness into Agoraphobic Nosebleed. Her vocals are absolutely incredible.

Crom are, as I've just previously mentioned, ridiculous. Their subject matter and style of grind is so abstract I don't quite know what to make of them. Actually, writing this out now has made me realize I don't actually know anything about Crom. I'll have to check them out before making any decisions upon their music. See, I've learned something from my own blog. Fucking genius, that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment