-->

Wednesday 26 February 2020

Burzum - The Ways Of Yore


It seems a lot of people think that this is a bit of a bummer for Burzum to go out on. I’ve only listened to it a couple of times since it was released and whilst it is an easy listen, my first impressions - which have stuck with me until now - were that it was a cheap imitation of the earlier synth work from the same project. Sure, he’d upgraded from horrendous analogue sounding patches to the glossiest VSTs, but so what? There’s so much fucking great dungeon synth out there now. 

And then I listened again with headphones. I mean, fuck, talk about a U turn! I remember reading somewhere about Burzum music supposedly working like a spell. That is the perfect way to describe this. When its just me and the music, it is enchanting, enrapturing, magical. I’m sucked into this olde world of Yore! RIP Burzum (for now?)

No comments:

Post a Comment