-->

Friday 5 July 2019

Death From Above 1979 - You're A Woman, I'm A Machine


I remember this coming out when I was a wee lad. Back then, I couldn't really appreciate what was going on, although I thoroughly enjoyed the track "Black History Month", which I think was the second single off of this album. Since then however, I've been able to go back and appreciate what Death From Above 1979 were doing. For a two piece, the band really concocted some all-encompassing compositions and have made some interesting sounds with a bass guitar or two. I think they paved the way for a lot of bass guitar led music in the UK rock and indie scene, but who knows. There is a sleazy swagger that lends itself to a lot of the tracks, whilst others simmer and crawl a bit more. This is an excellent and slightly under-rated album.


No comments:

Post a Comment