-->

Friday 28 June 2019

Blind Guardian - Nightfall In Middle-Earth


I remember downloading this when I was a teenager and absolutely fucking hating it, so it was nice coming back 13 years later with a bit more appreciation for anything that isn't Napalm Death. I was reading a Wikipedia article about Tolkien's The Silmarillion (night shifts for you) and that eventually led me to this concept album. I can't say I'm much of a fan of those vocals (to be fair power metal isn't my strong point in general) but I was massively impressed by the dexterity and execution of the riffs, the drumming, and the general all-round pompous-as-f songwriting. Blind Guardian will also be on the pass less travelled, for me at least, but for what its worth, I enjoyed my journey back to Middle-Earth a lot more than I did the first time around.


No comments:

Post a Comment