-->

Sunday 12 May 2019

Sharknado (2013)


Well then, this is just as bad as (if not worse than) I thought it would be. I absolutely love bad movies, as I'm sure frequent readers are fully aware, but I'm more of a creature-FX, fake blood and lots of tits kinda guy, rather than an a Z-list-celeb-loaded, computer generated "we'll fix it in post" kinda guy, y'know? When it comes to awful CGI rain and/or sharks though, I feel as though there isn't really anything that could compare to this movie. It is like the millennial B-movie answer to Jaws, a stupid idea jacked up on intramuscular (CGI) steroids but failing to fall into any specific camp comfortably. Yeah, it has a cult following, but doesn't quite fit the exploitation tag, in my eyes. It is, purely, nothing more than just a really, really bad movie, if not for the CGI sharks then for casting Tara Reid. 

The best bit of the whole film was when the dad from Home Alone saved a dog from an almost certain shark-related death by putting a car window through with a bar stool. If that is all you can really take away from a 90 minute feature then there's something wrong. That being said, I would totally watch a sequel. Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment