-->

Monday 15 April 2019

Malodorous ‎– Amaranthine Redolence


This is something I have putting off listening to. I was involved in forums online with the majority of these guys and over time was slated to help release some of their other projects, which were, honestly, infinitely better. As much as I want to revel in memories of the good ol' MySpace days, this album is, just, well, weak. Can't really sum it up in any other way; the drums and guitars are enormously over-compressed, and the vocals from Pig Grinder's Chase Martin are just...pathetic, if I'm being straight with you. 

I could have sworn that this was a full band with four members, I recall watching an interview with a bass player who had hair like some Suicide Silence drop out, but only two people are credited as being actual musicians here. Oddly, and perhaps fortunately, despite the similarities in style, Amaranthine Redolence doesn't hold a candle to Mike O'Hara's other project, Splattered Entrails, whom in their tech-death later days, and certainly in their gore-splattered early days, knock the socks off this stale and long-forgotten abomination. 

No comments:

Post a Comment