-->

Sunday 3 March 2019

The Berzerker - World Of Lies


By the time World Of Lies entered this world of lies (hur hur hur), The Berzerker had become a fully fledged death metal band, shedding their grindcore and gabba roots and replacing them with more intricate song structures. This was hinted at on the skullfuck that is Dissimulate, but the songs here have much more room to breathe. I think 'melody' would probably be the wrong word; I'd say 'scope' would be the better option.

Considering the entire thing was recorded in a ridiculously short space of time on a laptop computer, it sounds massive. Dr. Francis Gross samples win extra points, as does the surprisingly relaxing doomy outro looper, "Farewell". Reviewing this took me back to my teenage years. Great stuff, although I'm definitely biased.

No comments:

Post a Comment