-->

Thursday 6 June 2019

Insane Clown Posse - Fearless Fred Fury


I'd be lying if I said I was anywhere near as enthusiastic about post-OG run Joker's Cards ICP stuff than I was about everything up until that point. Sure, they had the odd album that was y'know, a bit crap, but after the original saga was complete it almost felt for a while that ICP were trundling forward without a purpose (I'll get to this in my Tempest review). 

Furious Fred Fury though (the FIFTH 2nd deck Joker's Card - man, I'm getting old), dropped this year and kinda took me off my guard. In the world of ICP it seems to me like a chunky mix between the latest Boom! Pow! Whatever! releases and something altogether more Hell's Pit. I enjoyed far more songs here than I have on an ICP record in a long time, which is a big step in the right direction. I can't wait to check out the accompanying EP for more of dat wicket shit, juggaluggalotus fam. 

As you were.


No comments:

Post a Comment