-->

Sunday 26 June 2016

Bad Brains - Bad Brains

Bad Brains are nothing short of legendary so it's kinda hard to sum this up in two paragraphs or so. I have to admit that I am a recent convert to this group. I've always been a fan of dub reggae and the like but not so much hardcore punk, but as time is quickly ticking away the hours of my life I have grown something of an appreciation for the genre, and Bad Brains meld the two together almost perfectly on their 1982 self-titled debut.

A stand out track in the punk style would have to be "Attitude", or maybe "Fearless Vampire Killers", and for the reggae style stuff you literally cannot top "Leaving Babylon"; which for me is easily the best track on the entire record with it's woeful lyrics set to a strangely upbeat bass line.

If you are as late to the party as I am I implore you to give this a spin. 


No comments:

Post a Comment