-->

Monday 9 May 2016

Public Image Ltd - What The World Needs Now


(Words by Burra, Porth's Official Ambassador to the Outside World)

I went into this release not sure what to expect, but what a fun record! Opener "Double Trouble" immediately sets the mood with John Lydon's spoken intro; a catchy number with a catchy, repetitive bass line and an indie pop guitar sound. There is a similar vibe and sound throughout the whole record, instrument-wise, mixed in with angst-ridden yet humorous vocals and lyrics from Mr Lydon.

I think what really draws me in to this record is that it has really damn catchy songs! So many hidden little pop hooks and harmonies throughout. The track "Bettie Page" for example, showcases this point, as does "Spice Of Choice". We do have a few slower, stripped back numbers too however; "C'est La Vie" for example.

The more I listen to this the more I like it - a great album.

No comments:

Post a Comment