-->

Tuesday 3 May 2016

Marilyn Manson - The Pale Emperor




(Words by Burra, Porth's last hope for redemption)

I'll be honest, I went into this album not expecting a great deal, and with the mindset it would never be another Mechanical Animals (for me Marilyn Manson's finest hour). However, I was actually quite surprised by this record; it holds itself up quite well as an album. I think it is definitely the best thing to come out of the Marilyn Manson camp, in recent years at least.

I was first drawn into the release after hearing the track and seeing the video for "The Mephistopheles Of Los Angeles" which I feel also happens to be one of the album's strongest tracks. Manson really won me back over on that one. Other highlights from the album include "Third Day Of A Seven Day Binge", which is a dark, slower number with a really catchy and repetitive guitar hook throughout, as well as (I feel most the Mechanical Animals-era sounding track) "Cupid Carries A Gun", and also the brilliant "Deep Six", with it's very early 2000's sound and nu metal-esque riffs.

Overall not a disappointing album at all, there are a few weaker moments here and there, but otherwise a very decent offering and one that shouldn't be dismissed.

No comments:

Post a Comment