-->

Sunday 3 May 2015

Fantômas - Fantômas


Fantômas are a band that bridge the insanity of Mr. Bungle with the sludgy drones of Melvins. Now, I probably don't have to tell you how much of a good fucking idea this collaboration was (and continues to be) but I'm going to anyway. This is Disco Volante era Mr. Bungle pushed into the bog of sludge and stoner metal, resulting in a slippery yet clinically executed free-fire romp through a world of music tomfoolery. There are no songs as such, but 30 "pages", with each one being as crazy and unpredictable as the last.

I have also come to the conclusion that Mike Patton is absolutely off his fucking head. I'm not sure what it is (lol) but I've just gotten that vibe, y'know? Haha! Anyways, you've probably already heard of this if you are here reading this but if not, deffo give it a go if you're into the crazier side of the Melvins, or mourn the loss of Mr. Bungle on a daily basis like I do (is that a nerdy thing to do? Probably).

No comments:

Post a Comment