-->

Wednesday 15 April 2015

Wormrot - Noise



I'm not touching that fucking Scion debate shit with a fucking barge pole. I covered it briefly on my Magrudergrind Crusher post, and I'll leave it at that. This EP, whoever fucking released it, is absolutely sick as fuck, and is easily probably some of the best grindcore on the entire planet. 5 tracks in 5 minutes is a decent pace to keep to, and it suits Wormrot's riffs-then-smash-shit-up approach perfectly. I never noticed how fucking brutal Arif's lows were before!

I've seen Wormrot live more times than I can remember, and recently spinning this EP has made me realise just how much I miss those fuckers. Easily one of the best grindcore bands in the world, and Noise is probably the best place to start with modern grindcore, in my opinion. "Perpetual Extinction" has a weird widdly guitar part but other than that this is straight up, unrelenting grindcore brutality done in the best possible way. 5/5. 10/10. Whatever. Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment