-->

Saturday 25 April 2015

Fiend - Derailed


What a glorious face-full of hateful grinding malice! It’s like somebody has bashed you across the face with a snow shovel swarming in maggots. That’s EXACTLY what I’m fucking talking about, ladies and gentlemen! The recently-released Derailed is the band’s first tape since their 2013 demo, and contains 9 blasts of spasticating grindcore that is just over 6 minutes in duration. Rock ‘n’ Roll.
 
It’s funny, there’s a song here called “Nevermind the Nugrind”, which is actually quite ironic as I pick up a lot of modern American grind/hardcore related twists in the band’s music. To me it’s more Insect Warfare meets Archagathus than anything pre-1990 and from the other side of the pond. I’m not knocking it at all though, this shit is the fucking tits, as us Brits like to say. Fiend have just done a split 7” with fellow Americans Dead Issue, so I’ll have to check that shit out too.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment