-->

Saturday 14 March 2015

Dragged Into Sunlight - Hatred For Mankind


I'm not sure exactly when it happened, but Dragged Into Sunlight have become one of my favourite British bands of all time. From misty beginnings catching them unknown on the smallest stage of Leeds Deathfest in 2009, to seeing them release two records and headlining tours, packing out huge rooms at festivals. I think it must be the air of mystery, darkness and intrigue surrounding the band and their music. I'm a sucker for shit like that. 

My fascination with them would obviously also be somewhat attributed to the utter sonic annihilation that Dragged Into Sunlight offer us on records such as this one. Hatred For Mankind is a perplexing, extremely evil album of cataclysmic heaviness. Their unique blend of black metal, death metal and doom reaches unmatchable levels of brutality that very few artists can provide. "Boiled Angel" creeps and crawls (no pun intended, if you get what I mean!) before "Buried With Leeches" literally just blows the fucking roof off. "Volcanic Birth" continues the ceremony of unrelenting heaviness. "I Aurora" actually has a sung chorus, which is very unexpected considering the environs. 

If you listen to this all the way through then the world will seem a little darker forever afterwards, but you'll feel better for it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment