-->

Thursday 25 September 2014

Reekorrhoea / Urologist - Split Tape


I recently did another Reekorrhoea review (for the band's demo tape) but I can't get enough of this crusty mincecore-meets-goregrind crossover sound that's going on here. Mr. Andy is a goregrind genius, and whilst this doesn't exactly sound a million miles away from his Hyperemesis shit, it doesn't really fucking matter at all, because this shit fucking rules. Reekorrhoea's part of this split also includes a Dismembered Fetus cover, but I'm not familiar with that band to compare it to the original.

A creepy sample later, Urologist are pulverizing my eardrums like the Mortician of badly-recorded drum machine goregrind. The vokills are fucking mankin' (to quote a Welsh chav on the subject), as is the fuzzy guitar tone. The cheaper-than-krokodil drum machine does get on my nerves a bit, but hey, what are you gonna do?

All in all a great split from both bands and I look forward to hearing more of both of these acts at some point. You can stream the entire split on the Necrotic Jejunostomy Productions (yes, that's a real name) Bandcamp page.

No comments:

Post a Comment