-->

Tuesday 2 September 2014

Malevolent Creation - Fine Art Of Murder


Is it just me or does it look like the cover says "The fine art of Malevolent Creation"?

I snoozed at a chance of seeing these cunts in Cardiff recently, which was a bit silly because how often does something like Malevolent Creation come around 25 minutes from your house? I hate to be Mr. Has-an-excuse-for-always-missing-gigs (which I'm totally not; my bank balance and tinnitus will testify) but I'd been burning the candle at both ends, so standing through a death metal gig just sounded like hell to me during my lazy hungover Sunday. Anyways, it's my fecking loss, if this classic death metal recording is anything to go by!

Fine Art Of Murder is probably one of Malevolent Creation's more well know records, and with good reason. It's a punishing metal recording from start to finish, often without let up in the speed stakes. It's popularity also might have something to do with the fact that "Manic Demise" was featured on Bam Margera's CKY2K film. My favourite thing about this album, even though the drums are fucking shithot, has to be the guitar work. Everything from the menacing, clear-yet-crushing tone to the brutal yet subtly melodic delivery is absolutely perfect in every single way. If I could play guitar I would want it to sound like this record. 

This was released on a whole bunch of different labels from around the world, and is also available on a sexy picture disc vinyl. Here's the "Manic Demise" extract from CKY2K, so you not only get awesome death metal, but the chance to watch a bunch of twats hurt themselves for your amusement. 


No comments:

Post a Comment