-->

Wednesday 26 March 2014

Impetigo - Giallo / Antefatto




I gotta come clean here…I know that Impetigo are regarded as legends in the grindcore/noisecore scenes, but I just cannot get into them! I’ve had this CD for yonks but I rarely, if ever, listen to it. Perhaps I need to investigate more of their material, but with the crazy scope of music out there, I always find myself forgetting to do so. Giallo / Antefatto is a collection of the bands first two demos with an extra unreleased track thrown in for good measure. This is my only experience with the sounds of Impetigo.


Half-Life Records (who I think have taken a trip to Belize, to paraphrase Saul Goodman) released this CD compilation all the way back in 2006. It must have been a big noise because it’s got incredibly extensive linear notes contributed by Impetigo's Stevo, who goes into the history of the band and each track on the CD with relentless detail. I think for die-hard Impetigo fans this CD is totally worth hunting down if just for the previously unreleased track and the endless info-spewing by Stevo. To round it off, this CD is a bit so/so for me, but it was a fairly enjoyable listen (and an informative read) nonetheless.


No comments:

Post a Comment