-->

Monday 27 January 2014

Witch Cult / Drainland - Split Tape



Well, this is one short-ass tape. I should have seen it coming really, going on the Witch Cult live sets that I've experienced. This tape is Witch Cult to the core; starting off with some building harsh noise before ramming head-on into a grinding fury of total chaos and speed.


Drainland have only two songs here, but they are really good; I just wish it lasted a bit longer (then maybe this review could be as well ha ha). 


I got this at Witch Cult's last ever show, up in Brizzle, supporting Despise You on some fairly-big grind/powerviolence/crappy-hardcore bill. It was a crazy show, albeit one that lasted mere minutes, and included a human pyramid and a long outro track that sounded suspiciously like an Electric Wizard cover. It was great, though! I've only seen them twice but they will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment