-->

Saturday 17 August 2013

Devourment - Unleash The Carnivore


I've never really considered myself a proper Devourment fan although I am quite partial to their heavier-than-the-mass-of-9-planets mix of slam and brutal death metal. When I saw this absolutely stunning Goatgrind picture disc version of Unleash... at Obscene Extreme I knew it had to be mine. Just look at it! Damn! That's metal as fuck! Ha ha. Unleash... boasts quite a polished and clinical approach to things, and is a far cry from the band's cult classic sound on 1.3.8.


I can't decide if the music needs more slams or more blast beats, as the songs tread the line carefully between the two choices. One minute it's all the bodyslamming, next minute it's all the waving of the fingers in the air at the blastbeats! I guess I don't really need to tell you how Devourment sound, but I just love this slamming mess so much. On that note, I'd like to quickly round off this review before I have to listen to any more Devourment. I am currently in no shape to be chair-dancing to this shit ha ha ha! Finally, massive kudos to Goatgrind for putting this on vinyl and making it much more appealing for me to buy. Legend!

No comments:

Post a Comment