-->

Sunday 2 June 2013

Swans - Love Will Tear Us Apart (Red Version)



This is probably the one release in Swans history that is looked down upon the most. As with The Burning World, Gira has retrospectively scorned this release, and insists that the cover was a mistake. Think what you will, but I think it's pretty good. I'm not too fussed on the black version (sung by Jarboe) but the red version with Gira on vocals is a great cover of a fantastic song.

 

I'm still gonna get the black version (only available on 12") because I'm a Swans mega-fan and that version also includes an acoustic version of "New Mind", which kills. Bitchin'. Now sit back and enjoy this video of the heaviest band in the world absolutely destroying their self image and credibility  In the 80s/early 90s I imagine Swans releasing a video for this raised a pretty fucking negative reaction. 


Gira Version:

Jarboe Version:

No comments:

Post a Comment