-->

Tuesday 25 June 2013

Sozza For The Slack-a-lackin'

At least once a year I have to post an inactivity blog because I actually feel more and more awful the longer I leave Linesinwax without an update, and the site does so much better when I'm adding fresh content all the time. I recently passed 15,000 hits, which is something I never expected, ever. As preachy and moany as my reviews can sometimes be, this site has become the most successful thing I have ever done online and I am proud of it and of the amount of people who read my shit (or at least just end up here through Google searches and are expecting illegal .rar downloads hahaha sucks to be you). I know I'm gushing over a meagre 15,000 which in the grand scheme of things is literally fuck all but it does genuinely mean a lot that people continue to visit my site, so thanks assholes!

So yeah the point of this post is to clarify that there won't be posts for a while. I have over 30 reviews written and ready to go, but the real time consuming shit is taking the photos and editing them and making the whole posts come together. It's not particularly difficult, it's just that I need to take a day out to sort all this shit out, which isn't gonna happen any time soon! I got Obscene Extreme fest looming on the horizon (on a plus note I'm bound to pick up a metric fucking shit-ton of records there), as well as as holiday in Devon later in July. Some of you who know me in person might be aware that my family like to stay in lighthouses on the British coast, which whilst being incredibly secluded and beautiful as fuck, are also devoid of many luxuries such as phone signal and internet access. So it's (realistically) gonna be August before any serious posting is done! I might manage a few here and there, but for the most part it's gonna be silence from me. Zippo.

On a final plus point, the beginning of August is also my birthday so I might score some more vinyl there and through the rest of that month and September I am gonna rinse this fuckin' site to death with fresh reviews (apart from the first week of Sept when me and the other half are heading to Amsterdam with four friends - shit, when did my life suddenly become so fucking awesome?). So yeah if I'm not too perma-stoned by early September the shit will start back up properly then, so thanks again for your continued support and thanks for enjoying my shit ramblings.

In the meantime, check out this awesome song. Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment