-->

Monday 11 February 2013

V/A - Alarma Records / Parkinson Wankfist Pleasures: Splatter Fetish 2 - 100 Way Split CD - Compilation



Mad props to Mike from Vaginal Necrosis / Dead Chemists Records for sending me this CD for free, you're a legend! This has been out for a few years now on Parkinson Wankfist and Alarma Records. To be honest, I expected a compilation CD with 100 Myspace bedroom goregrind bands, but this CD seems to contain about 50% Myspace bedroom goregrind bands, 25% crappy digigrind/gabba/noise artists and 25% actual death metal and goregrind bands. Those are better odds than I expected! Ha ha


I love crappy goregrind as much as the next ex-Myspace generation idiot, but I think 100 bands would be too much for even me, so I was glad for a bit of variance. What seems to happen here is that all the great bands are slammed at the front, so you get all the epic studio quality shit first before we head into bedroom territory and awful noise territory. I love the concept of this CD and it's predecessor (which I haven't heard yet), but sitting through the whole thing is difficult, even for somebody like me. For the majority of people this record would be nothing more than sheer audible hell.


My only gripe is that the excellently disgusting artwork by Lou Rusconi has been credited to the now defunct Freak Trash, which isn't really that bad because Mr. Rusconi's stuff is easily recognizable.

No comments:

Post a Comment