-->

Thursday 31 January 2013

Swans - New Mind



In my quest to own all Swans shit I endeavor to pick up all the singles as 12"s, with the exception of New Mind as the 12" doesn't really offer me anything for the increased price. For the singles that follow, a lot of alternate versions / exclusive tracks occupy the B-side, but with New Mind all the 7" gets is a shorter version  of what's on the 12" B-side. And that is actually a good thing, because we get the lush Jarboe track "I'll Swallow You" without the crappy remixed "New Mind" intro. Straight to the point! The whole 12" version appears as the final track on any repress of Children of God anyway, so I've heard it and own it and it's fucking crap. Also, as a note, the version of "New Mind" here is cut down to just under four minutes.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment