-->

Thursday 24 January 2013

Suppression with Crank Sturgeon / Misopsychia - Split 7"



Misopsychia seem to want to break my stylus. Here they play a down-tuned, faster than fast mush with endless blasts and EQ-piercing screams that want to escape up my needle, through my stereo and punch me in the fucking face. The music is a bit uninspiring (that's not to say it's awful) but the vocals are mental as fuck. Top points for the insane level of effort here!

 

Why Suppression would collaborate with experimental noise maniac Crank Sturgeon really is anyone's guess, and as expected it makes for some really bizarre listening. It's great because it bridges the gap between noise and noisecore, which whilst sounding similar, isn't really done that often. I guess a lot of noisecore and grind folk don't have the time for the "artsy-fartsy-ness" of the noise genre. You know what I'm talking about right?

 

As much as I love watching videos of Crank Sturgeon dressed up as a giant bird with giant paper arms making a gigantic fucking racket with contact mics, on record he does just sound like any other noise artist. Well, here he does, at least. But hey, it's not about the artist per-se but the recording itself, and on that grounds, this can be appreciated fully. Released in 1998 on Japan's Nat Records

No comments:

Post a Comment