-->

Saturday 24 November 2012

Dark Lotus - Black Rain


It always seems to surprise people that I love ICP and other Psychopathic acts. I had two ICP tattoos done when I was 17, but I'm no Juggalo wigger faggot. For the years leading up to and following the turn of 20, I got a bit ashamed of my body art, mainly due to the internet revealing so many Juggalos as being total and utter fucking morons, and ICP et al's output becoming embarrassingly bad. Fucking magnets, how do they work? I felt that I did not want to be associated with these fucknuts, but I had the two tattoos, there was no escape! Ha ha! As I grow older though, and after a whole bunch of soul searching, especially in the last year or so, I have come to realize that I don't actually give a shitting fuck what any cunt thinks of me. The band might be absolute tools and their fans for the most part utter fucking redneck morons, but that doesn't stop me appreciating some good ol' wigger rap music, right? No sir.

Black Rain is Dark Lotus' second album. For those who don't know/care who Dark Lotus are, they are a super-group of wiggers, containing all of ICP and Twiztid, as well as Blaze Ya Dead Homie and an interchangeable sixth member, which was ABK up until recently. Listening to this group's records is a great way to get into the Psychopathic Records roster, as it showcases work from all rappers really well, just like D12 kinda, before they became "Eminem's backing band" in a desperate bid to sell more records.


The problem that I have here is the same problem I have with most underground rap music; these fucker's just can't write a fucking chorus! That's the problem with all these fuckers from the streets, they aren't musicians or song writers, they are rappers at heart, and can't write a chorus for shit. Similar to the Immortal Technique post that went up recently, I find myself waiting and cringing for choruses to end so I can get back to listening to some mad raps, yo. The chorus to every songs feels like it's there because it has to be there, to stick to typical song structure.

Well, anyway, I think I've rambled enough for one average hip hop CD. If you like your rap songs about butchering people with hatchets and fucking ghosts then you just might like this. But I doubt it.

1 comment:

  1. Literally their worst album. Tales was waaaaaaaaaay better.

    ReplyDelete