-->

Saturday 3 March 2012

A Quick Update - 3rd March 2012

Hey all! Fear not, Lines In Wax is not dead, oh no no no. I am just ridiculously lazy and extremely sporadic with posting. Here is a quick update about what's going on with Lines In Wax and it's endlessly growing database of awesome music!


As of 3rd March 2012 I have decided to add CDs, CDrs and Tapes to Lines In Wax. No matter how hard I wish it, not every single record in the world is available on record. Over the last few months I have been selling about half of my cd collection on sites like eBay and Discogs with plans to re-buy the albums on vinyl and in the extensive research involved I have discovered that it is impossible for me to maintain a music collection strictly on vinyl. A lot of grind, noise and black metal is on tapes, and a lot of good shit is soley on CD. Tape is a retro and dated format anyway, so it fits in nicely here at Lines In Wax. As for CD, check out the sexplaination below:


What warrants a CD inclusion on Lines In Wax?
Either the record is not available on vinyl, or is out of print and grotesquely overpriced (sometimes I just can't justify huge spends when the same record is piss cheap on CD). For my favourite bands, this is not a problem, but to do it for every single release I want to buy is financially impossible! haha! The third reason for the inclusion of a CD release is that the packaging, artwork or CD itself is interesting, cool or different in some way.

No comments:

Post a Comment