-->

Monday 5 September 2011

Agathocles - Agarchy 7"


One of Agathocles' first ever 7" EPs, released on Flabby Records (RIP) back in 1991. All pressings are on black vinyl, although the artwork varies from shades of white to shades of green and red. I believe that there are equal numbers of each colour out there (there is no evidence to suggest otherwise).

This is probably my favourite Agathocles release; it really shows a different sound to the political based noise approach that we are familiar with. Here the sound is fat and extremely bass heavy, and it's almost as if the guitars are not audible (might just be the condition on my version). Jan even experiments with a pitch shifter, something which died out pretty quickly. My only gripe about my copy is that it's a jukebox copy, I just hate those great big holes in the middle of the discs!

No comments:

Post a Comment